BUYING ART ONLINE MADE EASY - USE CODE 'STAYATHOME15' FOR 15% OFF ALL PAINTINGS PRINTS & ART STORE PRODUCTS

new year's verbal pollution

 
That's it! Im going to become a dancing unicorn!
 
I have no idea how I'm going to do it, I dont even know if unicorns exist and I can't dance. However, I've announced it before I've done it anyway because I like the idea of it and Im running low on social media validation.
 
Sound familiar?
New years day. A day full of broken promises, empty ideas, an increase in gym memberships and a plummet in fast food stock market. We've become accustomed to believe that January 1st is the one and only day of the year where you can hit the reset button and start again or try something new. Dont ask me where it came from but whomever he or she was they were thee original procastinating lazy false hope let down of a knob!
 
I used to be one of these folk that made resolutions at the turn of the year. Problem was, I gave up about 20% of them, and didnt even start the remaining 80%. It took me a few years to realise what I was doing. I was putting pressure on myself to do something that I hadn't even started planning yet. And to add insult to injury my old fake friend anxiety would latch onto these failed resolutions and tell me I was a fucking idiot for making them and now everyones laughing at me and thinks I'm full of shit. So there I was, 24 years old, still out of shape, still working in my shit job, still can't ask for a table for 2 in spanish, and its October!
 
Nowadays I try my best to walk before I talk. Especially in my career as an artist. I do things first then let people know and the buzz I get from it is even better because Ive actually followed it through right until the end.
 
The point Im trying to make is that if you say you're goings to do something, see it through. New years resolutions have become a form of procrastination in our generation.
 
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with making new years resolutions, but theres also nothing wrong with making a resolution anytime you want. It doesn't have to be the 1st of January for you to do the things you want to do or be the person you want to be. The balls always in your court. Just make sure you know how what your getting yourself into before you tell the world your gonna become the next Arnold Schwarzenegger.
 
Let's all smash it together this year!
 
Chat soon
Art is for everyone. Sully ❤

Leave a comment

Name .
.
Message .

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published